Seeking ambitious CTO – could it be you?
WeFarm is hiring a new CTO!
Do you have deep technical expertise?
Do you have the drive to create the world’s next largest social network?
Are you passionate about strategy and great at thinking outside of the box?
Do you have previous experience of being a CTO for another start-up?
If you answered yes to the above questions, you might be WeFarm’s future CTO…
Why become WeFarm’s CTO?
This is an incredible opportunity to join an early stage, start-up social enterprise, and to help shape the business as a key member of the team. We are looking for someone comfortable with the challenges and varied nature of a start-up, and excited about the opportunities for growth, influence and creativity this brings.
You will lead WeFarm’s tech strategy and development and be part of the senior management team of the organisation. This role would be an ideal opportunity for someone innovative, ambitious and driven looking for a start-up opportunity to grow with an exciting company, or a more experienced person looking to do something more impactful in the social sector with their skills.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities Include
- Develop and manage a robust, innovative technology strategy for WeFarm that supports the company scale to the next level and beyond (target of 1 million users by Feb 2017) – delivering value for our users and business customers
- Plan and implement the transition from outsource suppliers. Lead hiring and management of in-house developers and establish the software development process.
- Manage and develop WeFarm’s data products and analytics – an incredible opportunity to produce commercial value and map unconnected communities and countries.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to stakeholders.
- Manage core WeFarm service, as well as email service, domains, websites, hosting, analytics, etc.
- Develop and manage development and technology budgets
- Be a senior voice within the company as a whole
Desired Skills and Experience Include
- Degree in the field of computer science or related subject (advanced degree a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and envision technology services that meet consumer needs and solve business problems
- Experience of transition from MVP to scale-up operation
- Knowledge of the mechanics of social networks and building active communities, and of technology and services in the developing world
- Previous experience with start-up companies desired – with particular relevance on knowledge of ‘social network’ type businesses
- Knowledge of SMS systems, aggregators, and feature phone technologies
- Experience of managing web application development and hands-on experience coding in more than one currently popular web application framework (PHP preferred) and familiarity with more than one software development methodology.
- Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities, risk management and consumer privacy requirements.
- Experience of working with out-sourced suppliers
- Operational experience, ideally of 24*7 distributed system
- Experience with line management, budgeting, etc.
For more information please click here.
Posted 1 February 2016 |